D Rwoy is a Singer, songwriter, and performing artist who was born for the spotlight. The 24-year-old rising star was born and lived the most part of his life in Ashaiman, Ghana.
Growing up, he listened to songs from Ghanaian highlife legends like Kojo Antwi, Kwabena Kwabena, Daddy Lumba, Daasebre Dwamena, etc. he would also listen to music from Beyoncé, Rihanna, Celine Dion, Michael Jackson, R Kelly, Bob Marley and many other artists whom he would say have had a great influence on his sound.
D Rwoy describes his sound as AfroRnB, AfroSoul, and RnB/Soul.
He recorded his debut single ‘ADOBI’ in 2018 in Ghana and released it in 2019 after having moved to Morocco. This song won the hearts of many, he then started gaining recognition for his singing and performing at Fashion Shows, Pageantry Competitions, Dinner nights, and many other events in Morocco.
He launched his YouTube channel in 2021 where he would sing beautiful renditions of songs and proceeded to release two other singles; ROMEO & JULIET, SPECIAL SOMEONE.
These two singles got lots of love and positive responses from the audience and in 2022, he released his debut EP “HEART AFFAIRS” composed of 6 songs (INTOXICATED, MAAME YAA, CLUB LOVE, TREAT YOU BETTER, OMOGE, IN LOVE).
D Rwoy says, this EP is a reflection of his love life (both family and personal relationships), and wanted to share the story through his songs.
Click here to stream. D Rwoy believes this is just the start for him and so you should watch out!
- Spotlight on Kyebom: Meet the Casts Behind the Laughter
- Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2023: TECNO’s CAMON 20 MR Doodle Edition – A Symphony of Beauty and Technology
- Ronaldo’s Spectacular Triumph: A Dominant Display in the Arab Clubs Tournament
- “Love Spell” Unites Ghanaian Artist D Rwoy and Moroccan Artist Imane in a Mesmerizing Musical Collaboration
- Nursing by Day, Musician by Night: The Inspiring Story of Kapato Reigns